Are you helping a bride who wants a western or cowboy themed wedding reception? This theme is perfect for a casual wedding that is being held in a chapel, church, country inn, or home, with a reception outside in a yard, garden, park, farmhouse, or ranch.
Here are some ideas for carrying out the theme:
- Use patchwork quilts, Navajo blankets, or red and white gingham as tablecloths.
- Use bandannas as napkins.
- Centerpieces can be arrangements of flowers in baskets or mason jars. Vases of flowers can be put inside cowboy boots.
- Flowers should look like they were hand-picked from a garden. Wildflowers, daisies, sunflowers, zinnias, roses, and lilacs are good choices.
- Use bales of hay for decoration around the room or for seating.
- Keep drinks cold in buckets and washtubs filled with ice.
- Light the reception area with kerosene lamps or, for safety reasons, battery-operated lamps that resemble vintage kerosene lamps.
- Hang a metal triangle and ring it when it’s time to cut the cake.
Cake and Desserts
- Top the cake with a cowgirl and cowboy. Or work with the cake designer to create something unique such as the look of a hand-tooled leather belt wrapped around each tier or get cakes shaped like cowboy hats or boots.
- Dessert can be fruit pies or cobbler with homemade (or homemade-like) ice cream.
- Buffalo wings with ranch dressing
- Barbecue ribs and chicken
- Grilled steak
- Baked potatoes
- Corn on the cob
- Small blooming cactus plants.
- Bandannas personalized with your name and wedding date.
- Program fans that look like Western “Most Wanted” posters.
- Cowboy hats
- Get a country/western band or have the DJ play country/western music.
- If the bride wants suggestions for wedding attire, suggest vintage or vintage style wedding dresses in antique white with lace. She can even wear white cowboy boots. Or, if the bride loves denim, there are stores online that sell blue denim wedding dresses.
- Bridesmaids can wear vintage-style dresses that are similar to the bride, square dance dresses, or dress they can dress like saloon girls from the Old West.
- The groom and groomsmen can wear black suits, vests, white shirts with bolo ties (decorative strings with a clasps of silver), and cowboy hats.
- Guests can be asked to dress casually in Western wear.
Take these ideas and personalize them for your Western bride and groom.
And if you would like to learn more about becoming a wedding planner, I would like to invite you to claim your Free Instant Access to my Special Report “7 Steps to Becoming a Top Wedding Planner” when you visit http://www.HowToBecomeaTopWeddingPlanner.com